On any individual item, here’s a way of understanding your perceptions:
- 10 – Amazing! You’re exceptional in this regard.
- 9 or 8 – Well done! This particular element seems to be working well.
- 7 or 6 – An area of focus to put some positive energy into.
- 4 or 5 – No blame or shame, just a real need to upgrade this function.
- 3 or less – There’s gotta be some pain here . . . what will it take to get this working better?
To get a cumulative look at your culture, add up your responses, and divide them by ten. If the average is:
- 10 – There must be some mistake, since perfection is simply not possible in this regard!
- 9 or 8 – Wow! You’re a truly high-performing culture. Congratulations!
- 7 or 6 – Not horrible, but not optimal. You’ll definitely benefit from a cultural tune-up.
- 5 or 4 – Hmm . . . You may have folks eyeing the lifeboats. Time to right the ship.
- 3 or less – Don’t worry, because no one I’ve ever worked with has been hurtin’ this bad!